Entrepreneur, Small Business Owner, Event Producer
15+ years of impressive sales and marketing results in the retail, hospitality, and entertainment industries, with a focus on traffic building and revenue generation.
Area of Expertise:
- Sales and Marketing leadership to the retail, hospitality, and entertainment industries
- Creation and execution of marketing, advertising, social media and media plans
- Event planning for concerts and trade shows from 1,000 to 30,000 people
- Logistics and operations minded; detail oriented
- Regional, national, and multi-unit leadership experience
- Providing entrepreneurial thinking and a positive “can-do” attitude to every situation
- Bringing new life to an old project, and building new go-to-market activations
- Developing multi-channel, multi-national marketing campaigns with multi-million dollar budgets
- Coordinating with media buying teams, advertising agencies, creative designers, and other stakeholders
- Creating new campaigns to gain social media buzz utilizing YouTube, Google, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Software: Proficient MS Office, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, WordPress, Final Cut Pro X, programming.
SEE WHAT OTHERS HAVE TO SAY
Stuart’s intelligence and dedication are a perfect combination for understanding his customer demographic, and establishing strategies for growth. He is a hands on leader who always goes the extra mile to personally follow through on the details of his marketing initiatives. I can say with all sincerity, that Stuart is one of my favorite partners to work with, and is equipped to take on any challenge.
Stuart’s talent has no substitute. Working next to him pushed me do things that I never thought I can, helping us deliver enterprise quality marketing campaigns on shoestring budgets
I had the opportunity to work with Stuart at LFP, where he was the mad scientist of casino marketing for the Hustler Casino. Stuart knew how to get the casino in front of the right audience, using digital, print, radio, outdoor and experiential marketing tactics to drive new and existing gamblers into the casino. I truly enjoyed working with Stuart, as would anyone.
In his role as Director of Marketing, I found Stuart to be very professional, dedicated and passionate about his work. While Stuart possesses a creative approach to his Marketing responsibilities, he is also very business-minded, always keeping the customer and bottom line in mind. Stuart is also a pleasure to work with and struck me as an effective leader and communicator. I would certainly welcome the opportunity to work with Stuart again.
I had the pleasure of working with Stuart when he visited from Palace Entertainment corporate. He was full of great ideas and paid close attention to detail. His leadership skills and creative style would be an asset to any company.
WORK EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND
(Click to expand)
Overview of my Experience, Skills, Qualifications and Proficiencies
15+ years of impressive sales and marketing results in the hospitality, leisure and entertainment industry, with a focus on traffic building and revenue generation.
Area of Expertise:
Sales and Marketing leadership to the hospitality, leisure and entertainment industries
Identifying and developing new revenue sources, and rolling out to the sales and front-line team
Creation and execution of marketing, advertising, social media, and media plans
Regional, national, and multi-unit management experience
Providing entrepreneurial thinking and a positive “can-do” attitude to every situation
Bringing new life to an old project, and building new go-to-market activations
Developing multi-channel, multi-national marketing campaigns with multi-million dollar budgets
Coordinating with media buying teams, advertising agencies, creative designers and other stakeholders
Creating new campaigns to gain social media buzz by utilizing YouTube, Google, Facebook, and Twitter.
Developed campaigns utilizing mobile technology to geo-fence and geo-target consumers
Specialties: National sales and marketing experience, Multi-unit management, marketing, strategic development, sales management, branding, family entertainment, amusements, entertainment and hospitality, direct mail campaigns, direct mail programs, direct marketing programs.
Software: Proficient MS Office, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, WordPress, basic HTML, programming.
Marina Wine, Owner/Founder
Owner of Marina Wine. Marina Wine is a fantastic, cozy and comfortable wine and coffee bar located right off the water in Alamitos Bay Landing. Just steps from the water, Marina Wine features a great outdoor patio with firepits, live music, an excellent assortment of wines, coffee, and craft beers.
The Kravings Group, Owner/Founder
Founder of The Kravings Group. We are both a boutique and traditional convenience store and market including craft beer and wine, groceries, candies and gum, water, soda and other household essentials. Also, we feature a variety of healthy grab-and-go items and ready-to-eat sandwiches, salads, and snacks for those who don’t have time for a traditional sit-down or quick serve meal.
Hustler Casino, Director of Marketing
* Revamped promotions and brand appeal resulting in record-setting revenue 3-consecutive years
* Created new revenue streams including filming and activations of off-site special events
* Overhauled player database into targeted demographics of players, income, habits, location
* Launched special events division involving on-site activations to drive new players to location.
Responsible for marketing strategy and directing all aspects of advertising, promotions, and special events, encompassing the entire casino property. Increased market share significantly, year after year, since starting. Grew casino revenue year over year since starting. Implemented direct response advertising strategies with verified analytical revenue increases and positive ROI. Developed campaigns specifically to Asian communities with an emphasis on the Chinese and Korean demographics.
Hustler Casino is a 55,000 square foot casino featuring over 50 dedicated poker tables, and over 30 tables dedicated to California Games such as Blackjack, Pai Gow, EZ Baccarat, and more exciting games. We also feature the Blackjack Lounge, Larry Flynt’s Bar and Grill, Coco’s Snack Bar, and Shorty’s Stuff Gift Shop.
The luxurious environment and commitment to new and exciting promotions, creative marketing, and five-star customer service have earned us the “Best Casino” award for 6 years in a row.
Palace Entertainment, Director of Marketing and Sales
* Developed internal call center for centralized birthday and party reservations
* Created social media accounts for all properties and promotions to drive traffic and revenues
* Implemented special events at all parks to help drive repeat business throughout the year
Palace Entertainment is the largest owner and operator of Family Entertainment Centers in the United States, with over 23 locations nationwide, including brands Boomers!, Malibu Grand Prix, SpeedZone, Mountasia Fun Center and Castle Park.
Overall responsibility for overseeing all park locations’ sales and marketing staff, social media, sales goals and training, brand collaboration, local media, public relations and community involvement programs.
Syufy Enterprises, Marketing Manager
Oversee operations, marketing, property management, and human resources of El Rancho Drive-In and Swap Meet with over 200 vendor spaces and 6,000 shoppers every weekend plus seasonal drive-in movie theater
Named General Manager of the year in 2007
Promoted to Corporate Office of Syufy Enterprises in 2008